Onboarding Cohort Hub for New Partners
An Introduction to Thread's Guided Onboarding
Thread Training 1 - Getting Started
Thread Training 2 - Let's chat about chat!
Thread Training 3 - Customer Deployments!
Thread Training 4 - Service Collaboration Training!
Communicating Thread rollout to your customers
First-time Thread Workspace Setup Guide
Getting Started with Thread
Channels and Flows
Dynamic Flows - How to create a dynamic Triage Channel
A flow to send a Holiday out of office message
Creating your first flow
Creating channels & flows in Inbox
How to set-up Service Copilot Auto-Prioritization
Starter Prompts for Service Copilot Auto-Prioritization
How to track your time in Inbox
Sending attachments with Inbox
Save time answering chats with Snippets
Accessing & Installing Inbox
Can I style my messages?
Which shortcuts can I use in Inbox?
What is Inbox and how do I use it?
Setup an on-call member to be assigned
Setting up Inbox
Getting Started with Messenger
Prepare your customer-facing Messenger experience
Prepare your customer-facing Teams experience
Recommended plan for rolling-out chat
Messenger on Windows
Messenger on Web
How to setup the Autotask Ticketing Integration
Setting up an Email Communication Workflow in Autotask
How do I set up the Connectwise Automate Integration?
Configuring Messenger for Windows Deployment in ConnectWise Automate
Deploy Messenger for Windows through Automate via Script
How to enable Chat and TimePad pods in ConnectWise PSA
How to setup the ConnectWise PSA Ticketing Integration
How to test the Customer Teams App in a Sandbox Environment
How to install your custom Teams app on your Customers' tenants
Connecting Thread to your Teams (for Service Providers)
Troubleshooting "You don't have permission" error in Teams
AI Privacy & Security Overview
Data & Encryption
What if my organization has IP or domain restrictions?
Frequently asked questions
How can I get help with setting up Thread?
How does Thread decide who gets assigned to dynamic Teams or Slack channels?
How to Setup a CSAT Survey
Can you add custom filters to Flows?
Can I get a custom Teams or Slack support app?
How do we request a feature that we need?
Is there a way to pull existing tickets to a channel in Inbox?
Are there any templates for the Teams app banner?
Can I disable the "New User" flow in Messenger chat?
I'm seeing tickets show up that were not created via Slack or Teams?
How can we send tickets from 2 or 3 service boards to Slack or Teams?
Which ticketing systems do you support?
Where can I find my Thread App ID?
Updated by Kristof Orts
Thread limits the information it stores to only the items it needs to maintain connections between ConnectWise and Slack or Teams.Below are the data sets that we store:
- ConnectWise API Keys
- Boards & Statuses - Used for being able to route tickets and statuses
- Companies & Contacts - Used for Messenger so that clients can create tickets and authenticate
- Tickets - Thread creates tickets and routes tickets to appropriate channels
- Teams / Slacks Channel Name & ID, User Email & ID (needed for ticket assignment)
Thread does not store any business confidential information and will never. Here are examples of what we do not store:
- Everything that is not listed above!
- Absolutely no Financial Information
- We are employing a strategy of Data Differential, where we are tracking actions on those various IDs, and providing summaries to our Product Development group to make informed decisions about user habits. No personal information is stored, or visible.
- When you see various information in your slack, such as Contacts or Ticket Summary, Thread acts as a proxy as much as possible between ConnectWise Tenant and Slack / Teams tenant. We store only the minimal amount of information.
- At Rest: We are hosted with AWS. Our instances of code and database are encrypted as well as their storage volumes.
- In Transit: We communicate to ConnectWise Servers, Slack APIs and Microsoft APis only through HTTPs.