Onboarding Cohort Hub for New Partners
An Introduction to Thread's Guided Onboarding
Thread Training 1 - Thread Overview + Customer Chat Experience
Thread Training 2 - Workflows, Automation, & AI
Thread Training 3 - Customer Deployments!
Thread Training 4 - Service Collaboration Training!
Communicating Thread rollout to your customers
Communicating with your Microsoft Teams customers about Thread Chat
Communicating with your Slack customers about Thread Chat
Communicating with your Desktop/Web customers about Thread Chat
First-time Thread Workspace Setup Guide
Getting Started with Thread
Channels and Flows
Dynamic Flows - How to create a dynamic Triage Channel
A flow to send a Holiday out of office message
Creating your first flow
Creating channels & flows in Inbox
Getting Started with Service Copilot Auto-Prioritization
Getting Started with Service Copilot Auto-Categorization
How to track your time in Inbox
Sending attachments with Inbox
Save time answering chats with Snippets
Accessing & Installing Inbox
Can I style my messages?
Which shortcuts can I use in Inbox?
What is Inbox and how do I use it?
Setup an on-call member to be assigned
Setting up Inbox
Getting Started with Messenger
Prepare your customer-facing Messenger experience
Prepare your customer-facing Teams experience
Recommended plan for rolling-out chat
Messenger on Windows
Messenger on Mac
Messenger on Web
How to setup the Autotask Ticketing Integration
How to enable Chat and Timepad insights in Autotask
Setting up an Email Communication Workflow in Autotask
How do I set up the Connectwise Automate Integration?
Deploy Messenger for Windows through Automate via Script
How to enable Chat and TimePad pods in ConnectWise PSA
How to setup the ConnectWise PSA Ticketing Integration
How to test the Customer Teams App in a Sandbox Environment
How to install your custom Teams app on your Customers' tenants
Connecting Thread to your Teams (for Service Providers)
Troubleshooting "You don't have permission" error in Teams
AI Privacy & Security Overview
Data & Encryption
What if my organization has IP or domain restrictions?
Frequently asked questions
How can I get help with setting up Thread?
How does Thread decide who gets assigned to dynamic Teams or Slack channels?
How to Setup a CSAT Survey
Can you add custom filters to Flows?
Can I get a custom Teams or Slack support app?
How do we request a feature that we need?
Is there a way to pull existing tickets to a channel in Inbox?
Are there any templates for the Teams app banner?
Can I disable the "New User" flow in Messenger chat?
I'm seeing tickets show up that were not created via Slack or Teams?
How can we send tickets from 2 or 3 service boards to Slack or Teams?
Which ticketing systems do you support?
Where can I find my Thread App ID?
Updated by Stephen Boss
Thread is introducing a new way to chat with your customers in real-time, through insights in Autotask!
Now you can bring the power of Thread directly into Autotask, experience all the great features Inbox has to offer including real-time chat, automated time entries, snippets @mentions and more!
Best of all, it is super easy to setup. This guide will show you how.
Step 1: Confirming Prerequisites
- First, check to make sure the Autotask API user for Thread has the correct API Tracking Identifier.
- From Autotask, Navigate to Admin -> Account Settings & Users -> Resources/Users (HR) -> Resources/Users -> Find the Thread API user you created when setting up your Thread Integration -> Edit -> Verify the API Tracking Identifier is set to Integration Vendor: Thread - Messaging
- If you are one of our first Autotask partners, then the API Tracking Identifier may be set to custom. In order for the insights to work, we need an API member that is tied to our tracking identifier.
- To fix this, you will need to set up a new API user for your Thread workspace. Follow step 4: Create the API User from our document, How to setup the Autotask Ticketing Integration.
- Once the API user is created, navigate to your Thread Admin Panel -> Integrations -> Autotask.
- Enter the username and secret key you generated when creating the new API user.
- Next, you must enable access to Insights for your Thread API member in Autotask.
- From Autotask, Navigate to Admin → Extensions & Integrations → Other Extensions & Tools → Integration Center → Thread - Messaging (Edit) → Vendor Insights → Enable Integration Vendor Ticket Insights
- Check Active under General
- Check Enable Integration Vendor Ticket Insights
Step 2: Requesting the Insights
- Send a request to email@example.com or chat with us at help.getthread.com titled "Request for access to Insights in Autotask"
- A collaboration desk engineer will enable this feature in your Autotask environment.
Step 3: Adding the Insights to your Service Ticket Categories in Autotask
- Make Layout adjustments in order to make Insights visible. Go to: Admin → Features & Settings → Service Desk (Tickets) → Ticket Categories → Edit (category) → Insights:
- Thread insights should be in “Hidden Insights” section. Drag them and drops into “Visible insights” section:
- That’s it! You should now see the insights in the Ticket screen